Schedule a maintenance review with Radiant Resources and let consolidation end your frustration. Click here to learn how to extend the life of your hardware and streamline your asset management needs.
For our clients leveraging AWS EC2 services, Amazon will now allow you to run workloads on bare metal servers. After providing VMware customers with bare metal access, AWS has extended the offering to its own customers. Clients can now get access both the hardware and the hardware’s resources without the overhead. We talk to many organizations that want more control over their cloud servers and now AWS will let you run your own virtualization stacks with i3.metal service instances. These new instances are now going into public preview, but if you are a developer, you must sign up for the preview.
Splunk is a platform that delivers real-time insights and operational intelligence to help you drive revenue, lower cost and reduce risks. Forget massive BI initiatives that take forever and don’t deliver. Splunk’s secret sauce is their Schema on the Fly, their ability to easily query data across IT, Security, and the Business in real time. One copy of the data can be looked at through various lenses to answer questions from many team. Dashboards deliver the info in real time so managers and executives can arrive at insights quickly...and take action.
Radiant is excited to be partnered with Splunk and have seen multiple use cases put to work among our clients. We are offering a free trail of this unique platform.
Athena International works to inspire women to acheive their full potential and to create balance in leadership worldwide.
For the last 22 year years, Jennifer Naughton has helped companies use technology to protect and grow their businesses. As IT has evolved, so has Radiant Resources-- from a small hardware reseller to a strategic resource for technical services. As the President and CEO, she leads a talented team of sales and technical staff and partners with key industry innovators to deliver proven solutions. Radiant maintains both WBENC and WOSB certification and Jennifer is committed to helping other woman owned businesses grow and prosper. In addition to her own business, Jennifer serves as the Mayor of the Borough of Spring Lake, NJ.
What is cloud computing? Imagine a server or bank of servers sitting someplace with temperature control, backup generators services, high speed bandwidth, multiple firewall configuration in a hardened secure location with server staff on location working 24/7. Then imagine going to that companies website and provisioning a virtual server on one of their physical servers within minutes after becoming a customer. This virtualized server can be integrated into your business priding any number of services such as remote backup, remote storage, hosting your website and email, even hosting application software remotely. Cloud computing provides broad network access for your employees and could also be provided to your customers. It is an on-demand self service that provides resource pooling. Due to the very make up of the cloud technology your resources can be scaled to your needs and rapidly expanded as your business grows and you pay for only for the resources that you consume.
A private cloud for your business will provide access via the Internet to your staff while restricting outsiders through the use of security especially a firewall. This cloud could provide a mechanism to synchronize data across laptops, mobile phones, tablets. It is also a wise choice to use this service as a remote backup for critical data. You can never have enough backups to your information so having a backup/restore appliance in your office is important but in a case where you have lost your local data a cloud backup would not have been effected by that storm or fire, etc.. You could connect to your remote cloud and restore your critical data.
Cloud computing is also redefining thin client technology. In past, client/server technology has been proprietary and cost prohibitive. Now the Internet is bringing the cost down by using standard protocols when connecting a client to a remote server. Workstations can be zero or thin clients and your computer can be any device that connects to the Internet. You see this already in the workplace that the old PC is being replaced by devices that do not have applications installed. The application resides on the cloud and the interface is provided by the Internet browser. These services will centralize your IT infrastructure bringing cost down by not having to maintain those local desktops and servers. Imagine not having to have a local email server?
The mission of New York Division of Minority and Women's Business Development (DMWBD) is to promote equality of economic opportunities for MWBEs and to eliminate barriers to their participation in state contracts. They supplement New York State's economic leadership with information and resources that increase access to information and opportunities for minority and women-owned businesses throughout the State.
Objectives of this organization include:
- To encourage and assist state agencies that are engaged in contracting activities to award a fair share of state contracts to MWBEs.
- To review applications by businesses seeking certification as an MWBE and to maintain a directory of certified MWBEs.
- To promote the business development of MWBEs through education and outreach to agencies and MWBEs.
Jennifer Naughton recognized for outstanding achievements as NJ female business owner
Manasquan, NJ – Jennifer Naughton, the owner and president of Monmouth County based Radiant Resources, was recognized by Leading Women Entrepreneurs as a finalist in NJ’s top 25 female business owners awards.
Leading Women Entrepreneurs, a media and events company that recognizes outstanding women business owners, fielded hundreds of nominations across the state before narrowing the group. Finalist are chosen base on four areas of expertise: market potential, innovation, advocacy for women and community involvement.
“What an honor to be chosen among so many successful business owners, “said Naughton. “ This award is really a reflection on my team and the hard work and dedication they bring to our clients. I am grateful to Leading Women Entrepreneurs for recognizing this effort.”
For the last 21 year years, Jennifer Naughton has helped companies use technology to protect and grow their businesses. As IT has evolved, so has Radiant Resources-- from a small hardware reseller to a strategic resource for technical services. As the President and CEO, she leads a talented team of sales and technical staff and partners with key industry innovators to deliver proven solutions. Radiant maintains both WBENC and WOSB certification and Jennifer is committed to helping other woman owned businesses grow and prosper. In addition to her own business, Jennifer serves as the Mayor of the Borough of Spring Lake, NJ.
- Cost: While outsourcing some or all of your IT doesn’t always save money, it can offer a predictable yearly cost. For some companies, particularly organizations without a large technical staff, the ability to budget for one yearly fee offers significant advantages. Hiring and training additional IT staff is often costly and for many businesses it makes more sense to train new staff on their core business rather than technology functions.
- Scale: Organizations are always challenged when adding applications or bringing on a new line of business. A good outsourced IT company can very quickly bring up the resources needed to accommodate your growth and the costs of the additional processing and storage are clearly defined up front.
- Risk Reduction: Security issues continue to plague businesses of all sizes and it can be a full time job to try and keep your data protected. A good services provider takes on the job of security. They are responsible for implementing the firewalls, malware protection and backup services that have traditionally been handled in house.
- Availability: For businesses with applications that must be available 24/7, but lack the round the clock resources, an outsourced model may be worth considering. For a predictable monthly fee that reflects your SLAs, you can rest easy that your data will always be available…even if your staff is not.
Report: 75 million records compromised so far in 2014
Wrapping your Head Around the Cloud
Where is the Cloud?
What are my options?
Public — You Share It
Private — You Own It
Hybrid — You Share Some, You Own Some
Radiant Resources Business-First IT Cloud Solutions ensure success
- B-FIT Strategic Evaluation & Project Design Solution
- B-FIT Cloud Migration Execution Solution
- B-FIT Cloud Support & Business Continuity Solution